Now that 2015 is here, it might be time to re-assess your makeup and skin care needs:
Here are the top DON'TS for makeup mishaps!
1. DON'T overdo your eyebrows. Brows that are drawn-on, pencil-thin, overly sparse, strongly arched, or too heavy or thick can make you look older than you really are; plus they can look harsh and dated. If you're at a loss as to what to do for your brows, make an appointment with a brow specialist, who can guide you to the right brow shape and show you effective grooming techniques. If you are in the Denver area, we love Brow's on Upper 15th. They do excellent work. Call them at (720) 855-3021.
2. DON'T use a dark lip liner with a light frosty lipstick! Just an outdated (was in ever in) look! Also make sure your lips are not bleeding or feathering your lipstick. That's one way to look older! Wear an appropriate (matching) lip liner to keep lipstick lasting longer without feathering.
3. DON'T wear an eye concealer that is way too light or too dark for your skin tone. Ever-so-slightly lighter than your skin tone is our recommendation, and apply only to darkest areas under eye. We recommend applying to lid as well. Blending is paramount.
4. DON'T: try to use your foundation as an ALL OVER bronzing color. Stick to wearing a foundation that will match your skin. Add bronzers to cheeks, temples, nose and chin, for that sun-kissed effect! Also, don't wear the same foundation color year-round. Chances are, in the summer your skin is darker than it is in the winter, so it's best to go a shade darker for summer and back down a shade come winter.
5. DON'T apply (new) makeup over old makeup or skin that hasn't been cleansed and moisturized first. You want your makeup to be luminescent, fresh, and glowing. Not only will your skin look older, it may cause blemishes and breakouts too.
Got 5 minutes? Your makeup and your skin can look flawless in 5 minutes or less!
Try these simple and straightforward tips to make your look complete! UltraPure Cosmetics Flawless Finish Foundation (gluten, soy and corn free) is the perfect solution for every skin type. Our Foundation offers a chemical free sunscreen with an approximate SPF of 15-20 (depending on how much is applied). It also helps to reduce redness and irritation, so it makes the perfect foundation for those who have sensitive skin, acne, or rosacea.
1. Start with freshly cleansed skin. Make sure you are properly moisturized and hydrated prior to application.
2. Apply Mineral Concealer under eyes, blending out. Only apply to darkest areas, and include the eye lid area too. Use a color slightly lighter than your skin tone. Blend out well.
3. Apply the Flawless Finish Foundation in light layers to get the best look. Apply several layers (if necessary) to get desired coverage. Use the right tool. We love our Ultimate Buffer Brush and Cover-It Foundation Brush for ease of application. The Cover-It Brush allows you to get into smaller areas (around nose, eye-lids, etc), while the Ultimate Buffer applies the product to larger areas.
4. Don't forget the blush! We like to contour with a darker color (try Bronze Shimmer) in Light Reflecting Blush category or Chestnut if you prefer a pressed blush. Both are great contouring colors. Highlight the cheekbones with a lighter color. We love Seashell - a very translucent blue-based pink) or try Azalea in the Pressed Perfection Blush (again, very translucent blue based pink).
5. Apply light dusting of Matte Setting Powder. Like a photographer who uses a filter to achieve a diffused look, a setting powder works much the same way. It also sets your look and makeup stays put all day!
6. Finish with a hydrating mist, like Hydra-Peptide Infusion Spray or our newest formula Phyto-C Fusion Hydating Spray (coming soon)! If you are dehydrated or have dry skin, this is a must!! "This step WILL transform the look of your skin" says Kristen Davis, CrossFit Trainer and Health Enthusiast. "I get compliments on my skin all the time, and I attribute it to using UltraPure Cosmetics".
Get started today with our Mineral Perfection Set. This set contains 2 Flawless Foundations, 1 Matte Setting Powder, 1 Light Reflecting Blush, 1 full-size Mineral Concealer, and 1 Ultimate Buffer Brush. Find your perfect look!