"The largest organ in your body works hard keeping you gorgeous! Treat your skin with respect, use pure, effective, non-toxic cosmetics" UltraPure Cosmetics
Let's examine important ways of caring for yourself that can literally turn back the clock and rejuvenate your skin (and you) from within!
These tips can make a huge difference in your skin, your energy levels, your brain chemistry, your weight, and more. Take a journey with us at UltraPure Cosmetics, and make the most of the life we were all given. These tips may sound basic, however, it's good to review them from time to time. What we found interesting was learning the detrimental effects of what happens to our skin as a result of getting run down, eating poorly, and not exercising.
1) Rest! Be sure to get at least 7- 8 hours of restful sleep each night. This is when the body has an opportunity to rejuvenate itself. Important hormone production is regulated during sleep; insufficient sleep can affect hormonal balance. Growth hormone is released during sleep (growth hormone is the youth hormone)! Tissue repair also occurs during sleep, including repair to the daily skin damage done by UV light. Sleep turns down the negative effects of cortisol and the "bad" neurotransmitters like epinephrine and norepinephrine that can be elevated during stress. A bad nights sleep results in high levels of cortisol, carbohydrate craving and weight gain.
2) Stay out of Direct Sunlight: Skin damage is the result of cumulative UV exposure over the course of time. Exposure to UV light can accelerate the signs of aging and make you look older than you are. The sun is the major cause of unwanted premature aging changes in the skin. Skin changes caused by the sun are called "photo-aging". The average individual accumulates most of their lifetime UV exposure during the formative years ages 10 through 20. It is characterized by uneven skin tone, dilated blood vessels, freckling, deep wrinkling, with thickened and sand paper like skin texture. We recommend using a chemical free sunscreen daily, for direct and indirect sunlight.
3) Exercise! Try to get in at least 3 workouts per week for an increase in energy and stamina! If you haven't worked out previously, start with a moderate walking routine and build yourself up to 10,000 steps per day! Buy an odometer so you can track your daily steps. It makes a difference! Building muscle not only helps you burn more calories, but it also increases circulation and delivery of nutrients to skin cells, washing away potentially damaging toxins. Another benefit is giving skin the optimum conditions for making collagen, the support fibers that help keep wrinkles and lines at bay. Fibroblasts are the collagen-producing cells in the skin, they become fewer in number with age and get lazy, skin becomes less firm, drier, and even more wrinkled. However, add an exercise routine to your beauty regimen and you infuse skin cells with oxygen as well as other nutrients. Both set up ideal conditions for collagen production. But perhaps the most dramatic effects of exercise are on acne-prone skin. Doctors say working out provides many benefits that can help clear the skin. Exercise mediates the production of testosterone-related hormones such as DHEA and DHT. There's a lot of indirect evidence that shows that when you exercise your level of stress diminishes. So your adrenal glands are producing less of these male-type hormones that are part of any acne flare-up Exercise can help control it. By reducing stress, it tends to quiet the adrenals. There is less hormone output which in turn helps control acne,
4) Eat Right!
Cut out sugar, fast-foods, packaged foods, deli meats (with nitrates), and soda. These foods produce an inflammatory reaction in the body which speeds up the aging process.
Eat more nutrient dense whole foods that really pack a punch. Best foods to eat for healthy skin include those with good fats like salmon, nuts, egg, and avocado. Other good choices include lean meats like chicken and turkey, yogurt, fresh fruits (including berries), veggies, and beans.
Protein is essential to cellular repair. You also use protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals. Protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood.
Research indicates that women need at least 65 grams of protein daily. Without adequate protein, our bodies enter into an accelerated aging mode. Diets heavy in carbohydrates crease a highly visible inflammatory effect on the face and body (skin sagging, dull skin tone).
5) Drink Pure Water!
Hydrate yourself (soda, tea, and coffee don't count), drink purified or spring water. Try to drink at least 8 - 8 oz water per day or more (even better with an organic lemon wedge, this helps the body to detox excess/stagnant bile in the liver). Without water your organs cannot function. If you don't drink water you cannot metabolize fat, nor can your body flush away wastes from its cells. A dehydrated body provokes the development of aging, inflammatory compounds. In addition, mild dehydration will cause a 3% dip in baseline metabolism, resulting in the gain of one pound of fat every 6 months.
a) Start each morning out right with a cup of warm filtered water, add 1/2 organic lemon, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar and a dash of cayenne pepper. This will help you detox your liver and give you more energy to start the day. Your skin will reap the benefits as well.
b) If you must have your morning brew, switch to "super-foods" coffee. Forget Starbucks, and buy organic coffee instead. Coffee is one of the most pesticide sprayed products on the market. This coffee will "infuse" all these amazing super foods into your body quickly. The coffee acts like a carrier. I have to give credit to Danette May (Health and Wellness Coach) for sharing this recipe!
Recipe: Organic coffee beans - brewed
Add coffee and these ingredients in blender. Top with frothed almond or coconut milk. Delish!
1 tbsp organic cacao powder.
1 tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Maca
1/2 tbsp Turmeric
1/2 tbsp Biocell Collagen
1/2 tsp Cinnamon - Optional/to taste
1/2 tsp Nutmeg - Optional/to taste
1/2 tsp Cardamom - Optional/to taste
6) De-Stress yourself.
We live in a stressful world, so anything you can do to take that edge off...whether its reading your favorite book, getting a massage, working-out, taking a bath, sauna, or doing meditation. Stress produces cortisol in the body which can produce excess fat around your waistline, as well as these other negative skin issues:
a. Itchy, ugly rashes
Your epidermal skin cells lie on top of each other and are packed tightly together, forming a strong barrier that blocks the penetration of bacteria and other pathogens. When you are under stress, however, this protective outermost layer of skin becomes impaired. Tiny cracks in the skin make the skin more permeable, allowing harmful bacteria to infiltrate the deeper layers of skin. These bacteria produce a protein that activates the immune system, leading to eczema and psoriasis.
b. More severe acne
In one study, researchers at Stanford University examined the severity of acne in 22 college students during final exam week. Students who were more highly stressed by their exams had worse acne than calmer, less stressed students. In other research, relaxation therapies have been shown to reduce the severity and incidence of acne.
c. More deadly skin cancers
In studies on mice at Johns Hopkins University, chronic stress sped the formation of skin cancer when mice were exposed to ultraviolet light. In a different study completed at Yale University, people with melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer, were more likely to have gone through stressful life events during the years leading up to their diagnosis than people who did not have skin cancer.
d. More severe dermatitis
The stress hormone cortisol acts as a powerful steroid that shuts down one part of the immune system (making you more susceptible to colds and flu) but cranks up another, making you more susceptible to allergens. In a Japanese study of 26 patients with atopic dermatitis, patients experienced a reduction in their symptoms - even when they were exposed to the allergen that triggered them - for two hours after watching a funny movie. The laughter produced by the movie probably reduced levels of stress hormones.
e. Cold sores
Stress affects many different immune cells negatively, which causes flare-ups of immunity-related skin conditions such as cold sores (along with psoriasis, eczema, shingles, and viral warts).
f. Frown lines
Repeated frowning causes frown lines, and most people frown without knowing it. You can try to will yourself to smile, but if you are under chronic stress or have many negative thoughts and emotions, these forced smiles won't last. Indeed, a natural, long-lasting smile comes only from positive emotions that make you want to smile.
Stress reduces the lipid barrier on the skin, allowing fluids to evaporate and leading to dryness.
When the stress response kicks in chronically, skin cells take longer to reach the skin surface and flake off, allowing dead skin cells to build up and causing your skin to look dull.
7. Take Your Vitamins!
Supplements For Great Skin:
a) Multivitamin/Mineral ensures you are getting your daily requirements
b) EFA’s (Essential Fatty Acids): Skin benefits of Essential Fatty Acids include
enhancement of cell membrane structure and function, barrier maintenance and recovery, anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory effect and penetration enhancement..
Antioxidants work in the body to help reduce and repair the damage caused by the elements.
Sun damaged skin is one example of something antioxidants can help repair and rejuvenate. In addition to foods, consider using antioxidant creams and lotions. Look for ingredients like vitamins A, B, C, and E, and AHAs. If the body is being treated with antioxidants from both the inside and the outside, it will certainly begin to reap the benefits. Not only will skin tone and appearance improve, but the other health benefits of antioxidants will be generated as well.
d) S-Acetyl-L-Glutathione: This is the master antioxidant in the body. This nutrient helps prevent cross-linking from occurring in the tissues of the skin. It also helps stabilize blood sugar levels, helps escort heavy metals out of the body and detoxifies the liver (just to name a few).
e) Reseveratrol/Tumeric: Potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients. Helps ease pain too.
f) Greens: Taken either in pill, powder or liquid. Greens can help the alkalize the body creating better overall health and vitality (disease cannot live in a state of alkalinity). Greens also help detoxify. As a result, skin looks more clear and has better light reflection and luminosity.
8) Take Care Of Your Skin Daily! Your daily routine should consist of cleansing, toning, treatment and moisture (if necessary) twice daily. Also incorporate weekly exfoliation to brighten, refine, tone, smooth, and clear skin.
More about UltraPure Skin Care: Pure. Effective. Perfect
- Established in 2005
- Our amazing bio-nutrient skin care and mineral cosmetics is proudly made in the USA (versus many cosmetic lines today are made in China).
- We cater to the most discerning skin types. We offer many gluten and soy free options, among others.
- We never use petrochemicals, parabens bismuth oxychoride, dyes/lakes, or talc in any formulas.
- We don't test on animals.
- We scrutinize the source of all our raw materials.
- We make our cosmetics in small batches.
Cleanse skin both morning and night. Be sure to cleanse after working out to remove built up toxins on the surface. Choose a gentle cleanser for your skin type.
- Wild Honey Cleanser; perfect for even the most sensitive skin types! This cleanser gently rids the skin of impurities while imparting a velvety softness to the skin.
- AHA Mint Exfoliating Cleanser: perfect for normal/oily/acne/combination skin conditions. A combination of gentle Alpha Hydroxy Acids derived from milk and fruit acids.
- Bright Skin Nourishing Cleanser: evens out skin tone over time. Inhibits enzymes in skin that produce brown pigment. Great for all skin types.
- Illume Pink Grapefruit Cleanser: a refreshing daily cleanser that utilizes licorice, konjic acid and Vitamin C to help keep skin tone even. We recommend alternating with both to maximize results.
- Wild Berry Whipped Cleanser: a whipped bounty of organic pureed fruit like wolf berry, blueberry, raspberry and apricot. Antioxidants protect. Skin feels soft, cleansed, and refreshed.
Toner or Treatment Sprays hydrate the skin, preps the skin for other treatments, may reduce inflammation, and can set your makeup. These toners contain a plethora of lovely skin-thriving ingredients.
- Hydra-Peptide Infusion Spray: the perfect skin solution for hydrating skin. Peptides may assist in collagen/elastin production. Product actives: green tea, pomegranate, acai, cranberry, syn-coll peptide.
- Edelweiss Citrus-Mint Purifying Toner: A refreshing toner designed for normal/acne/oily skin conditions. An infusion of Peppermint, Lemon, Lemongrass, and Rosemary. Featuring Pau D’arco, Grapefruit Seed Extract, and Edelweiss Extract. These actives have anti-fungal activity.
- Phyto-C Infusion Spray: An antioxidant cocktail for skin. Perfect for all skin types, this refreshing coconut and lime skin treatment features Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Pea Protein, Rice Protein, and Proline.
Incorporate weekly exfoliation into your regime to boost anti-aging!
- Papaya Enzyme Mask. A luscious papaya mask used up to several times per week. Enzymes and Salicylic Acid gently exfoliate the skin.
d. Rejuvenate with Active Treatment Serums:
UltraPure Cosmetics has formulated several highly active bio-nutrient serums that work overtime to help minimize lines and wrinkles, restore elasticity, firmness, improve skin tone and help the overall condition of the skin. We can identify which one would be right for you and your specific needs. Please visit us: UltraPureCosmetics.com.
9. Use a multifunctional facial device that incorporates Galvanic, Ultrasound and Photon LED Red Light for younger for youthful skin. Used weekly this makes a difference in firmness and elasticity. Paired with the treatment serums and you see results ...more quickly.
Try UltraPure Cosmetics out and take 20% off your first order! Enter YOUTH in coupon code section upon checkout. Valid thru 12/31/17. Please visit us at www.UltraPureCosmetics.com